As the Director, Supply Chain Management (SCM) you will be an expert at building supply relationships with Solar and Energy storage organizations to provide product expertise to clients. In this role you will be responsible for defining market requirements based on Voice of the Customer and transmit the requirements to the product developing teams, ensure scope of work satisfy those requirements while periodically validating that the market requirements documents continue to reflect the changing realities of the client base, provide input to Marketing regarding development of appropriate collateral and communications to stimulate demand, establish pricing based on value both a generalized framework and project specific, serve as the principal SME business development leader, supporting the sales team to nurture prospects, and once a Prospect has a specific opportunity that merits a proposal, provide content to the Proposal creation process, and transfer the opportunity to Sales.
The successful candidate will support Sales in bringing each deal across the finish line, serve as the lead for execution of the project; including project management as well as the day-to-day blocking and tackling required to fulfill the requirements of the contract, serve as the negotiation and contracting expert within the company especially for PV modules and storage; in this role, and take ownership of best practices and pro-forma reference documents.
Additionally you will establish annual Goals for the SCM Business Unit, including revenue and resources as part of the annual financial planning process, develop the Strategy to achieve the Goals, forecast demand and contribute to overall SCM strategy on an on-going basis, and monitor Actuals v. Plan and take corrective actions as needed.
- Experience in solar energy industry in a supply chain role required
- Experience in international supply chain, including Asia preferred
- At-the-ready network that includes key contacts at supplier organizations
- Understanding of the use cases for solar equipment
- Understanding of the technology and product platforms for solar modules; additional understanding of power electronics (inverters and transformers) and racking is desirable
- Additional experience with storage is highly desirable
- Demonstrated achievement in Supply Chain from both tactical (procurement) and strategic (relationships) perspectives
- Previous P&L ownership is desirable