Project Engineer Edison, NJ
The Project Engineer will work with project teams and field management focusing on quality assurance and quality control measures such as beating the estimate budgets, improving the total operating profit, and building a strong customer relationships.
- Subcontractor management including submittals, buyout and cost estimating. As well as attending subcontractor meetings to provide updated regarding schedule, scope, drawings and specifications.
- Comply with and address any and all safety procedures/policies.
- Support quality personnel and utilize quality management systems.
- Develop various construction means to optimize safety, cost, equipment utilization and efficient scheduling.
- Monitors material yields and modifies operations to minimize waste.
- Assist in the buyout process, write requisitions, and communicate effectively with the project team.
- Reviews and understands the extra work billing format. Updates all budgets to incorporate owner change orders.
- Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work.
- Actively participates in the development of projection schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones.
- Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field.
- 3+ years of solar or electrical project engineering or related experience.
- Able to perform studies and review one-line and three-line diagrams.
- Have successfully led projects simultaneously, totaling in value of $5M or more.
- Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost-to-completes.
- Knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Working knowledge of Change Order Index.
- Have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software.
View all jobs