Solar Construction Manager Washington, DC
Solar Construction Manager
The Solar Construction Manager will oversee and direct the construction of projects from conception to completion. As a critical part of the deployment team, you will monitor and drive the project to stay on budget and schedule while ensuring compliance with engineering design, safety, and applicable codes.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to direct construction workers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Monitor site safety
- Review work progress on a daily basis, compared to overall project schedule, address course correction with workers, subcontractors, clients, and vendors as necessary.
- Accept deliveries and inspect materials at project sites on a timely basis by the most effective, efficient means. Document and resolve issues.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Respond to work delays and emergencies. Analyze and mitigate risks.
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to coordinate with external civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and roofing consultants and contractors.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes, and deployment.
- Collect commissioning and punch list data and provide contractors instruction on the proper method of remediation.
- Ensure QA/QC documentation is completed on-site accurately and delivered to the project team.
- Study supplier and subcontractor installation procedures and improve according to specifications.
- Lead on-site meetings with clients, contractors, utility, and other stakeholders.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with clients, building owners, contractors, and local community.
- Secure permits from local authorities to commence site activities.
- Ensure contractors meet the contractual conditions of performance.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven working experience in solar construction management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes means and methods.
- Expertise in construction, particularly electrical work and safety management including OSHA, NFPA, National Electrical Code and incorporation of safety into the daily work routine.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process.
- Desire to work on-site during construction phase.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, civil and/or architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of commissioning requirements/procedures and ability to use technical equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical installations, roof repairs and lifting procedures.
- Experience with project closeout and ability to recognize and prevent deficiencies during construction.
- Certified or knowledgeable in Infrared Thermography of electrical equipment.
- Knowledge in using I-V Curve Tracer.
- Passion for sustainable power generation.
Experience & Education
- Construction Management degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record with 2-5 years of experience as a construction manager, with experience in renewable energy construction projects.
- Construction project management of Commercial and Industrial solar projects a plus.
- Project management certifications are an asset but not required (i.e., PMP or similar).
- OSHA 30 required
View all jobs