As Sales Director, you will build, manage, and grow relationships to increase sales of a revolutionary technology for solar asset owners, EPCs and the O&M industry in California. In this role, you will leverage an existing network of contacts to support the growth and sales targets of the organization.
- Build pipeline by both cold outreach and existing relationships/contacts as well as follow-up on inbound leads/opportunities.
- Identify, cultivate and manage go-to-market efforts. Engage and secure executed contracts with targeted customers.
- Create trusted and high integrity relationships with current clients, prospects, partners and key influencers.
- Work with sales leaders and legal on price negotiations and contract creation.
- Create & manage a pipeline of key partnership relationships to include: C&I solar, large solar asset owners, EPCs, farmers, and others that own solar projects.
- Work with Marketing to identify and execute on lead generation campaigns. Maintain CRM and keep management and other stakeholders apprised of pipeline health.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to rapidly changing market conditions.
- A self-starter who requires limited supervision.
- Ability to accurately forecast deal timelines.
- Territory will cover California and as we grow, the Southwest including Texas (regular, yet not intensive, travel should be expected)
- A strong understanding of corporate buying cycles and a rolodex of relationships with senior level decision-makers (VP and above)
- Understanding of solar project models, practices, and direction. Technical background preferred.
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required.
- 3-5 years minimum work experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and/or energy/sustainability solutions sales.
- A proven record of $100K+ sales results, meeting or exceeding all quarterly and annual sales goals and financial metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate ROI to VP and C level executives, as well as interact with other key influencers such as sustainability, finance, facility managers and engineers.