This position will be a key part of the project origination and development teams. In this role, you will help analyze power market data, policy, and transmission data to help site solar and energy storage projects. This position will utilize a variety of data sources including ISO, OASIS, EIA, and subscribed datasets to help with siting and evaluation of sites.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
- Analyzing ISO data including LMPs, transmission constraints, loads, topology changes, and generation make ups
- Recommending transmission lines and substations for siting of solar and/or energy storage resources
- Evaluating software offerings from data providers
- Development of analysis programs to accomplish job goals in software of choice
- Stay informed on ISO (MISO/PJM/SPP/NYISO/ERCOT/etc.) interconnection rules and regulations
- Support continuous improvement of key development principles as well as identifying new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies.
- Assist Renewable energy site identification and assessment.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, Mathematics, or related field.
- Graduate Degree is considered a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the power industry
- Experience with economic dispatch, FTRs, congestion, etc.
- Knowledge different power market products including energy, ancillaries, and capacity.
- Experience with economic modeling a plus
- Experience with Power Purchase Agreements a plus
- Experience dealing with Federal, State, and local regulators, agencies, and regulatory processes.
- Knowledge of renewable technologies and energy storage.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Project, Word, Excel and document management systems.
- Familiarity with economic modeling software is a plus