GIS Analyst, Solar
- New York, NY
- $75,000 – $90,000
Job DescriptionGIS Analyst
As a GIS Analyst, you will oversee project siting for land acquisition campaigns throughout the United States. In this position, you will work closely with the Project Development team to assist with site due diligence/feasibility and mapping for internal reporting and permit applications. Lastly, this position will serve in an advisory capacity to help integrate GIS tools throughout the enterprise.
The successful candidate will report directly to the head of origination and have the following responsibilities:
- Perform geospatial analysis of distribution and transmission networks to identify suitable sites for renewable energy projects.
- Work closely with our staff handling project management, environmental, and permitting tasks requiring GIS expertise.
- Provide GIS and cartographic support to staff and contractors, including the generation of GIS data and production quality maps.
- Create and edit accurate GIS data, maintain spatial databases.
- Research zoning laws, government records and online databases.
- Assist with company-wide integration of GIS tools and services.
- Analyze tabular and GIS data and effectively present results.
- Candidates should have a thorough understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and cartographic principles.
- Candidates must be organized, an effective communicator, capable of managing multiple tasks, and work effectively with stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance are essential.
- Strong computer skills are required, and a familiarity with database-driven applications and interfacing with GIS software.
- Experience in renewable energy development, project level evaluation, distribution and regional transmission grids, real estate and land records, local and state permitting, and environmental studies.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, and development skills.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Renewable Energy, Computer Science, Engineering or other applicable area.
- Strong skills with Esri ArcGIS desktop software, ArcGIS Online, ArcPro, ArcGIS Collector, and/or QGIS.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of GIS work experience using GIS applications such as ArcGIS and related extensions, relational databases and broad knowledge of GIS capabilities.