Job DescriptionAs the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for day-to-day management, priority setting, compliance of projects teams comprised of Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineering and Commissioning Staff. You will work across the organization to provide insights from the Engineering department to assist with Business Development, RFP processes, and client success management.
Why you Should Apply:
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on individual and organizational performance
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Provide leadership and mentorship to project teams to ensure that resources are appropriately assigned against project portfolio and workload.
- Consolidate and track sales order portfolio actual vs. base budget, cash flow plan, payables, receivables to make sure project P&L (at closing) are tracked ·
- Maintain monthly Project executive summary and present on department success during monthly management meetings.
- Provide and track Department annual budget aligned with sales orders and pipeline, inclusive of staffing, hardware/software, training, equipment/tools, etc.
- Develop and improve standardized contracting documents for subcontractors and support the formalization of internal processes for the EPC operations.
- Participate on drafting, reviewing, and negotiating client prime contracts with Business Development team which includes participating in drafting execution budget, cash flows and schedules.
- Support staff when required to communicate with clients on critical project issues, address commercial matters escalated, close out projects with a goal of customer satisfaction. ·
- Ensure consistent and systematic contracting agreements are in place in time, when required (minimum contract size) with critical suppliers, subcontractors, etc.
- Visit the construction sites on as needed basis to ensure construction schedules and progress are well coordinated and monitored and communication between the office and the site is efficient, collaborative and team oriented.
- Review draft RFPs, Final RFPs, amendments, questions and answers, and final proposal revisions (FPRs) and support RFPs contributions as required for your department
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Electrical or related field.
- P.Eng designation
- Ten or more years in a senior management role or relevant field.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational function and principles, including finance, customer service, construction an employee management.
- Proven ability to plan and manage construction process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline or implement new structures and roles that boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting business demands.