Commodity Manager - Batteries
- San Diego, CA
- $75,000 – $90,000
- Energy Storage
Job DescriptionAs a Commodity Manager in the Supply Chain/Procurement team, you will be responsible for driving storage products and offerings from inception to commercialization. You will work closely with operations teams to reduce product cost, increase profitability, implement product enhancements, maintain roadmaps for future developments, and monitor product health to continue delivering the highest value solutions for customers. You will regularly communicate with senior management on technical development, product strategy, status, and risks.
- Determine the purchasing needs of the organization and effectively work with other parts of the organization to forecast demand and evaluate inventory levels.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Assists in and contributes to the development and creation of product offering strategies, objectives, and tactics.
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap 2. Supplier Management/ Vendor Relationship
- Build relationships with suppliers and track/manage their performance.
- Collaborate with the supplier community and internal business partners to collect and maintain supplier/product information associated with our portfolio of products.
- Negotiate directly with vendors to get the best possible pricing and payment options/terms.
- Identify areas of potential cost reduction.
- 5+ years of experience in both product management and the energy industry
- Strong understanding of the energy storage market, working with suppliers and partners, and growing products in a cross-functional environment
- Previous experience with batteries, inverters, and solar
- Demonstrated experience in bringing relevant products to launch and to maturity.