Senior Electrical Engineer
- Calgary, AB
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for leading projects and managing performance of electrical aspects of projects including, but not limited to, due diligence, feasibility, solar and wind project design. This includes training and mentoring of junior and intermediate engineers in the Electrical Engineering team, as well as mentoring of other disciplines as required.
- Prepare Design Basis Documents (DBD) and Scope of Work (SoW) for use in EPC documents.
- Create optimized solar layout/electrical designs for various equipment capacities and configurations using AutoCAD/PVCad/PVCase/PVsyst/ETAP.
- Manage and implement the interconnection requirements into each design.
- Lead the energy storage technical design team, stamp drawings and documents where required.
- Solar Energy and Battery Energy Storage Modeling: o Run solar energy models using PVsyst while gaining an understanding of the numerous parameters, assumptions and how they all interact to affect the outcome.
- Medium and High Voltage system designs: o Prepare preliminary layouts, Single Line Diagrams, specifications for Inverters, Transformers, MV switchgear, MV cables and HV substations.
- Provide mentorship of Electrical Engineering team members and support APEGA P.Eng registration process for Electrical Engineering team members.
- Assess potential new renewable energy projects and sites with respect to various constraints including regulatory, stakeholder relations, interconnection, energy resource, geotechnical, etc.
- Conduct project due diligence analysis and create reports with inputs from other team members or external SMEs.
- Perform project management functions such as preparing project plans, schedules, budgets and cost estimates.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering.
- Registration or ability to be registered with APEGA.
- 10+ years industry experience; preference of power generation and/or renewables experience.
- 4+ years in a project environment.
- 3+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a small team considered an asset.
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.