Job DescriptionAs Solar Development Engineer, you will lead interconnection efforts of utility scale generation including supporting the transmission system. You will also participate in early stage project designing, modeling and help with generator interconnection through to submission.
Why you should apply:
- Competitive wages.
- 100% Medical coverage.
- Competitive bonus structure.
- Act as the point of contact for preparation and submission of GIA applications to several different ISOs.
- Model site layouts and diagrams through various tools such as AutoCAD, PSCAD, etc.
- Keep up to date on ISO tariffs and other rules and regulations surrounding interconnection.
- Lend experience and knowledge to site identification and assessment.
- Manage budget, scheduling, reliability costing and performance of projects.
- Support procurement activities.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- 5 years experience in the power industry.
- P.E. in Texas is ideal.
- Experience with utility interconnection process.
- Have submitted GIA applications.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and other regulatory bodies surrounding interconnection and power generation.
- Ability to create site layouts and line diagrams in regards to PV array layouts at a utility scale.
- Must understand power engineering principals, applicable codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of modelling systems such as AutoCAD and PSCAD.