Job DescriptionAs the VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the companies Engineering efforts pertaining to product and process efficiency, product testing, product implementation and more. You will be a highly efficient and organized individual with proficient knowledge in the manufacturing process of solar components and how products move through the development stages.
Why you should apply:
- $175,000-$200,000 base salary
- Equity stake.
- Strong working culture.
- 100% Remote position.
- Lead a small team that will grow over time of engineers and third party consultants.
- Lead efforts to improve process efficiency related to company product and manufacturing processes, as well as oversee new design iterations.
- Travel to supply chain partners, manufacturing sites and customers in both the US and EU to help maintain strong relationships. As well as traveling to trade shows to demonstrate company product.
- Develop testing strategies of product to ensure up to solar industry standards as well as to validate solution efficacy.
- BS/MS in mechanical engineering preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or related product management fields.
- Proficient understanding of the manufacturing process of solar components with trackers and racking systems being a plus.
- Familiarity with steel fabrication processes.
- Understanding of UL certification process.
- Deep experience in the solar industry with a strong understanding of required test standards, product standards.
- Be humble and confident and have a proven track record working in innovative and mentally strenuous environments.