As an ESS Solutions Engineer, you will play a crucial role in advancing the integration of renewable energy sources and maximizing the efficiency and reliability of PV + energy storage systems.
Why You Should Apply:
- Remote/Hybrid Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k matching plan
- Tier 1 inverter manufacturer
- Focus on Employee Engagement
- Innovative and growing product lines
- Design and develop C&I and utility-scale energy storage solutions tailored to meet client requirements and project specifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, apps engineers, sales team to ensure seamless integration of PCS, BESS, BOS and EMS systems and delivery a market ready total solution.
- Conduct feasibility studies, performance evaluations, and cost-benefit analyses to assess the viability of ESS in projects, and support sales team on project proposals.
- Ensure a profound understanding of ESS products. Evaluate and compare existing and upcoming solutions with competitor offerings to stay at the forefront of the market..
- Provide technical guidance and support to customers, addressing their needs and effectively communicating complex technical concepts related to ESS solutions.
- Identify gaps in existing or proposed energy storage solutions, specify requirements, and review and approve safety documents to ensure designs are compliant with applicable codes and standards for fire safety.
- Travel: 25% to visit customers and project sites in the US
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field. MS degree is preferred.
- 5 or more years experience in designing, developing, and implementing C&I and utility-scale energy storage solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of power electronics, power systems, and their integration within energy storage applications.
- Proficiency in debugging communication protocols, such as CAN and Modbus, etc.
- Experience with system commissioning, including installation, testing, and troubleshooting of energy storage solutions.
- Ability to work in a customer-facing role, providing technical guidance, support, and effective communication to clients.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and regulations governing energy storage systems, including UL standards, NEC, and relevant grid codes.
- Mandarin language proficiency is a plus.