As a PV Product Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and enhancement of our utility-scale PV string solutions. You will play a crucial role in advancing the string PV technologies in utility-scale projects and maximizing the efficiency and reliability of string PV inverters.
Why You Should Apply:
- Remote/Hybrid Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k matching plan
- Tier 1 inverter manufacturer
- Focus on Employee Engagement
- Innovative and growing product lines
- Conduct detailed analysis and evaluation of existing PV inverter designs to identify opportunities for optimization, controls, features and safety improvement.
- Work closely with R&D team on proposing and verifying new product features.
- Lead collaborations with cross-functional teams, including overseas R&D, application engineers and 3rd party testing labs to test and improve utility solutions, including PV inverters, BOS, medium voltage transformers, etc.
- Conduct testing and validation of string inverters and BOS to ensure they meet or exceed performance and safety requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve technical issues related to products.
- Perform power electronics analysis, simulations, hardware-in-the-loop technologies to model and optimize PV inverter performance, ensuring robust and efficient operation.
- Travel: 25% to visit customers and project sites in the US
- MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Solid understanding of the theory and application of solar PV systems, strong experience with power electronics topologies and PV inverter architecture.
- 3 more years of relevant hands-on hardware experience in power electronics (AC/DC, DC/DC & DC/AC) design and testing.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and regulations for PV inverters, including UL standards, NEC, and relevant grid codes.
- Experience with large utility scale solar projects.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, multi-meters, grid simulators, etc.).
- Ability to work in a customer-facing role, providing technical guidance, support, and effective communication to clients.
- Mandarin language proficiency is a plus.