Job DescriptionAs an ESS Field Application Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and commissioning C&I and utility energy storage solutions for our clients. You will play a crucial role in advancing the integration of ESS and maximizing the efficiency and reliability of PV + energy storage systems.
Why You Should Apply:
- Remote/Hybrid Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k matching plan
- Tier 1 inverter manufacturer
- Focus on Employee Engagement
- Innovative and growing product lines
- Assess customer application needs and collaborate with sales and product teams to develop proposals encompassing our product offerings.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including overseas R&D, service team, product team, EMS partners, and customers to ensure successful installation and operation of ESS projects.
- Perform in-house or on site tests for ESS products, FWs, and EMS to ensure technical soundness.
- Lead system commissioning activities, including installation, testing, and troubleshooting of ESS, while addressing communication, integration, and application challenges.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve technical issues related to products; provide onsite customer support and training as needed.
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports, documentation, and presentations to communicate project progress, findings, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including R&D teams and customers.
- Travel: 50% to visit customers and project sites in the US
- BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field. MS degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with C&I or utility-scale ESS.
- Understanding of power electronics, LFP battery storage, and their integration.
- Proficiency in debugging electrical circuits and communication protocols, CAN and Modbus, etc.
- Site experience with system commissioning, including installation, testing, and troubleshooting of energy storage solutions, including PCS, BESS, UPS, etc.
- Ability to work in a customer-facing role, providing technical guidance, support, and effective communication to clients.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and regulations governing energy storage systems, including UL standards, NEC, and relevant grid codes.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time to project sites, visit customer offices, attend trade shows and conferences.
- Mandarin language proficiency is a plus.