Job DescriptionAs the VP of Construction you will oversee development of all commercial solar projects from the design-development stage through construction and system commissioning. In this role, you will oversee the construction management process for the organization, working with project managers, contractors, and subcontractors to maximize efficiency and completion of solar projects.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Performance based bonus structure
- Health, Vison, and Dental
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Manage Project Managers responsible for all projects in all phases of development.
- Contribute to establishment of internal processes to track and share project KPI and allow company to scale.
- Ensuring adherence to budgets and calendars, in alignment with internal goals.
- Assist in review of select active and potential projects for design and value.
- Oversee collaboration efforts between internal development teams and outside engineers in design and value engineering of contracted projects.
- Oversee purchasing of equipment needed for construction.
- Communicate effectively with scheduled and unscheduled updates regarding general pipeline updates; potential and actual risks; progress against shared calendar and deadlines; and performance relative to project budgets.
- Communicate progress and updates with external financial stakeholders.
- Manage and mitigate pipeline risk.
- Contribute to establishment of internal processes to ensure project site safety, quality workmanship, and adherence to project plans and specifications.
- 7+ years of experience overseeing investment-grade commercial solar projects
- Field experience as solar installer or electrician
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional, courteous, responsive
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a self-managed manner
- Ability to work under pressure and with hard deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude, able to collaborate effectively with various project stakeholders, both internal and external
- Organized, dedicated to quality and accuracy