As Solar Project Coordinator you will work for a leading Renewable Energy Developer focused on Utility scale solar projects in the North Eastern and Midwestern US.
You will be responsible for the development of solar projects including but not limited to tracking the permitting of the projects, reviewing preliminary design, making recommendations to engineers, and interfacing with contractors. Once an opportunity becomes a contracted project, you will remain involved with the project and assist the contracted EPC with overseeing the project. Other tasks include submitting for state and local incentive programs, document tracking, working with engineers and consultants on various task as well as weekly reporting to Senior Management.
- Able to Coordinate and liaise with various teams and specialists within the company and outside of the company to maintain accurate and up to date files.
- Create Action Item list, assign tasks to the Project Team, track task completion, provide information and documentation to the team, ensure completion of Project Closeout documentation.
- Engage with EPCs and subcontractors for pricing on projects and ancillary items. Review all EPC, RFP and Proposal documents.
- Meet with contractors, engineers and others onsite as needed. Attend township meetings as needed.
- Work with the organization's attorneys to draft subcontracts and ensure they meet our Contract requirements and that the Scope of Work is clearly outlined and reflective of our drawing set and design requirements.
- Participate in project meetings and propose improvements if necessary.
- Research any environmental, state, county, and municipal requirements. Work with civil and structural engineers to ensure we obtain all necessary permits and approvals in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with material availability and cost as well as building new relationships with vendors and engineers.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Solar industry
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools.
- Understanding of how solar arrays are constructed.
- Strong knowledge of the solar project development process i.e. Permits, Approvals, State, County, Municipal, BPU submissions, and Community Solar.