Job DescriptionAs the Senior Commercial Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing our commercial projects, ensuring their successful execution, and contributing to the growth and profitability of our organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the technical and commercial aspects of projects, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and leveraging your technical and business acumen to achieve objectives.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive Base Salary between $90,000-$120,000
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off and Sick Days
- Develop comprehensive electrical design plans for commercial solar projects, considering the unique needs and specifications of each client. Ensure compliance with local electrical codes and industry standards.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers. Stay up to date with the latest solar technology advancements and industry best practices.
- Optimize solar power systems design for maximum energy output, efficiency, and reliability. Perform detailed energy yield analysis to assess system performance.
- Manage interconnection with the electrical grid and liaise with utility companies to ensure smooth integration and net metering agreements documents.
- Involve with the installation process, ensuring that all electrical components and systems are installed in accordance to design documents and commissioned to the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Provide technical expertise during project execution and troubleshoot any electrical issues that may arise.
- Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation and permit applications, ensuring projects comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Act as a technical point of contact for clients, addressing their concerns and providing technical explanations in a clear and concise manner.
- Identify potential technical and construction risks associated with projects and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial solar electrical engineering.
- Proficient in solar system design software (e.g., PVsyst, HelioScope, Scanifly) and AutoCAD.
- Strong knowledge of electrical codes, standards, and regulations related to solar systems.
- Experience with project management and coordination.