Job DescriptionAs Project Development Manager, you will make strategic investments in the market, oversee local development efforts and provide regular reporting to the head of development for Canada and the regional managing director for North America. You will play an integral part of shaping development strategy for Canada and North America.
- Support investments in the North American renewable market, primarily in Canada.
- Manage local development activities and contribute to overall strategy.
- Lead transactions for renewable projects in Canada.
- Identify valuable opportunities within the market and communicate risks.
- Manage transaction life-cycles from origination to financing.
- Coordinate negotiations with stakeholders.
- Stay apprised on market dynamics, regulations and trends.
- Oversee delivery of assets and collaborate with internal and external advisors.
- Manage and guide development activities and teams to achieve development goals.
- BA in engineering, economics or related.
- 5+ years in renewable energy project development and acquisitions.
- Proven record of success negotiating, originating and executing utility-scale renewable energy PV projects and acquisitions.
- Deep understanding of Canadian renewable energy markets.
- Working knowledge of Canadian development regulations and processes.
- Experience working in a multinational environment with the ability to coordinate with teams globally.