As the Senior High Voltage Engineer, you will be responsible for in-house civil and mechanical engineers, that form an integral part of the overall facility design. You will coordinate all of the project and technical engineering resources for all ongoing projects as well as manage third party engineering consultants. You will ensure the completion of all obligations related to engineering and commissioning, while working closely with the project management teams.
Engineering and Controlling Responsibilities
- Develop, review, maintain and, where applicable, stamp relevant documentation for high voltage solar power transmission and interconnection
- Use industry knowledge, local codes and regulations and lessons learned and past project data, to support the development of Engineering Deliverables efficiently and accurately
- Manage functionally and work with discipline subject matter engineers to develop and maintain all engineering Deliverables
- Maintain engineering timelines and deliverables to ensure compliance with overall project schedules, including allowance for review time and customer review/approval period per contractual agreement
- Ensure on-time and accurate delivery of Engineering Deliverables. Maintain records of design notes, calculations, simulations, drawings and other design records in appropriate project repositories.
- Develop and maintain superior knowledge of technical specifications and installation standards for MV AC electrical equipment and designs, DAS and SCADA equipment and designs
- Support review of commissioning protocols in contractual agreements for technical accuracy and compliance.
- Provide periodic site inspections during construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Schedule with Manager pre-commissioning, commissioning and customer training plan activities, sequence, etc. ahead of time to ensure effective and on-time and on-budget mobilizations.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering.
- Five or more years in a senior management role or relevant field.
- Proven ability to plan and manage HV construction and interconnection processes
- Strong knowledge of industry regulation and legal guidelines.
- Maintain your Professional Engineers license (P.Eng) and support company initiatives to have P.Eng representation in other Canadian provinces of Canada as business needs require.