As a Project Finance Analyst, you will support the global head of project finance and the development team in Canada on all activities related to financing of projects. You will conduct market and risk analysis, while providing insights and recommendations based financial modelling, project finance bankability, bonding requirements, swaps, finance execution, and project valuations.
- Prepare bank teasers and RFPs for lending terms, assess bank offers, review documentation
- Manage bank processes, including NDAs, information provision, soliciting and assessing responses, due diligence coordination
- Manage financial models from project financing identification, through investment assessment and approvals, due diligence processes and transaction execution,
- Post-execution management of project cashflow, performance and provision of bank information and reporting (portfolio management)
- Market research - maintain database of relevant renewables market transactions for pertinent jurisdictions
- Assist with deal execution, including documentation, coordination of advisors, hedging, bank guarantees
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business, economics, or engineering.
- CFA, CPA, or other accounting/finance qualification beneficial
- 1-3 years of project finance related experience, in a bank, fund or advisory firm,
- Relevant renewable energy industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in deal team/transaction process including RFP, price negotiation, due diligence, loan and project documentation, interest rate hedging, financial close process.
- Financial modelling skills and understanding of three-way financial statements.
- Fundamental understanding of relevant cashflow and legal principles for project financing.
- Sound knowledge of financing concepts and credit/risk analysis.
- Basic understanding of renewable energy projects (wholesale electricity market, PPAs, grid/network connection, renewable energy generation)