As Business Account Manager you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of initiating, scoping, and developing custom proposals, including scope of work development, pricing, and commercial terms. The Business Account Manager will develop proposals for Quality Assurance services, often combining multiple services into a complex integrated offering in conjunction with the following areas: Supply Chain Management (SCM), Engineering Services (ES), and Market Intelligence (BI), Storage (STG), Manufacturing Services (MFG), Environmental Social and Governance (ESG), and any additional services launched in the future. This is a global role with the opportunity to support clients anywhere in the world.
As part of the execution team, the Business Account Manager will act as a liaison between the sales team, potential clients, and the execution team to accurately determine the clients needs. Subsequently, they will collaborate with their fellow execution team members to develop a scope of work that provides high value, detailed, and actionable results. This opportunity requires a deep technical understanding of solar PV, Inverters, energy storage equipment, systems, and performance, as well as the ability to understand and draft commercial contract terms. We are seeking an ambitious self-starter who will proactively solve problems with little guidance.This role will closely collaborate with the commercial team to take new engagements from proposal request to signed contract.
Why you should apply:
- Fully remote position
- Competitive base and bonus structure
- Employee focused culture
- Perform Quality Assurance testing and audits as required.
- Manage and create proposals and RFP responses, including costing and resource estimates to support bid pricing. Work with the commercial team to prioritize proposals during times of high volume.
- Develop and maintain proposal schedules and plans by assigning deadlines to individual stakeholders and ensuring completion within required timelines.
- Provide technical support to the sales team during client meetings and engagements.
- Evaluate technical requirements and distill customer needs into creative solutions and action-oriented deliverables. Coordinate with other execution teams, as needed, to develop and draft custom scopes of work.
- Interface directly with customers to answer questions relating to the proposals or to refine scope of work content. Assist in proposal and contract negotiations, as needed.
- Facilitate contract hand-off to project execution teams.
- Establish and maintain proposal processes and procedures in CRM software. Use CRM tools to track and analyze proposal activity.
- Analyze feedback received from clients and the sales organization to improve future proposals.
- Work with marketing and graphic design staff to improve the visual appearance of proposals.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or technical field.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical background in Solar PV and/or Energy Storage.
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer-facing role; power generation industry preferred.
- Expert knowledge of PV equipment, storage equipment, systems, and performance.
- Responsive and proactive problem solver with a get it done mentality.
- Flawless verbal and technical writing skills (English).
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Pedantic attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work with customers with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to interact directly with clients on a daily basis in North American time zones.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment, as well as work on self-directed independent projects.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.