Job DescriptionAs the Head of Project Modelling, you will support project development efforts by furthering the companys understanding of the economics of projects under development and leading strategic initiatives with parties across the organization. Responsibilities include creating, organizing, and managing financial models for all projects within a development region by obtaining updated inputs, quantifying economic impacts of the same, coordinating with various internal departments (e.g. project management, project engineering, structured finance, asset management, etc.), and supporting RFP responses. You will lead various work streams to optimize economics, quantify the impacts of idiosyncratic or broad industry risks on projects, and upskilling other areas of the organization.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive Base Salary between $200,000-$225,000
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k match and Life Insurance policy
- Flexible, paid time off
- Lead the development of valuation models to analyze the economic merits and risks associated with wind, solar, and storage projects. Collaborate with company engineers, developers, originators, construction, commercial analytic, and accounting professionals to develop appropriate assumptions for project models.
- Assess and interrogate the integrity of economic models, communicate key assumptions that are driving pricing/returns to leadership of the origination and development teams, and ensure all key assumptions are properly documented.
- Lead, develop, and train a team of project analysts and modelers.
- Work closely with project developers to ensure economic models are properly calibrated to account for key unknowns.
- Run model sensitivities to assess how primary assumptions may affect pricing and/or returns.
- Identify inconsistencies across models and provide feedback to development on how to ensure proper alignment of assumptions across projects.
- Communicate with advisors, trade groups, and legal counsel to improve economic models or development strategy.
- Work closely with engineers to optimize the design of solar and wind projects from an economic perspective.
- Deliver training to others in the organization to further their understanding of project economics.
- Identify and implement process improvements throughout the organization.
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of professional experience
- Excellent financial modeling skills in Excel with demonstrable experience managing complex financial valuation models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to advance numerous projects in parallel and provide concise communication to others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive duties