As Director of Project Development, you will be responsible for advancing the development project pipeline across the Community Solar, DG, Utility Solar and Energy Storage asset classes. You will work closely with the VP, Project Execution and will take on responsibility for design and engineering, interconnection, permitting, securing state incentives and eligibility for participation in state-based programs, and play a critical role in the marketing and sale of development assets to IPP investors at NTP.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive Salary
- Eligible for Annual Bonus
- Fully Remote Position
- Excellent Benefit package
- Responsible for the planning and execution of development opportunities through completion;
- Manage the project pipeline and development resources
- Project development tracking and ranking
- Individual project development priorities
- Divestment adequacy / timing
- Manage a team of Developers that work across several jurisdictions and asset classes
- Work with Senior Management to identify and develop business opportunities to develop new PV and BESS facilities in attractive U.S. markets
- Coordinate and interface with internal team and external consultants to ensure the viability of identified projects through thorough analysis and appropriate project management
- Responsible for prioritization of projects, lead due diligence of projects, as appropriate
- Liaison between the project development and financial analysis teams to ensure that the deal structure, economic and tax assumptions are properly analyzed
- Prepares project budgets and assists Management in the completion budget reviews
- Deliver projects on time and within the projected budget
- Ensure development tracking and reporting are up-to date and adequate for project /pipeline management
- Prepare regular reports for internal stakeholders and Management team
- Assess and present appropriate material for important project-based decision-making
- Obtains supporting data including competitive intelligence on market opportunities for new projects
- Develops and maintain relationships with industry contacts
- Closely follows industry trends and competitor activities, including regulatory/ financial incentives, power pricing and structured financing transactions
- All other duties as assigned by the VP, Project Execution.
- 5-10 years experience in the development of renewable energy, particularly solar PV and Energy storage projects, in the US.
- Experience in leading development teams and managing direct reports
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Finance, Environmental Science or related field
- Impressive track record and experience in development of renewable energy projects
- Previous applicable experience working in a commercial negotiation environment
- Ability to manage and support multiple people and projects simultaneously with varying complexities and urgencies presented day-to-day
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize, and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work and communicate effectively with a cross-functional internal team, vendors, consultants, various project stakeholders, authorities having legal control, utilities, state agencies etc.